Friday, November 21, 2008

November's Such a Special Month...

What an exciting month for Lisa! She finally got her a puppy....after many years of begging us.....but the MOST exciting was that she turned the big 18! Here she is on her birthday with her new best girlfriend, Lilly...
It is a BIG deal to turn 18! You are officially an ADULT! Yes!!! And with that comes many benefits....your own adult banking account, registering to vote (Lisa missed voting by six days....bummer!), checking yourself out of school (not cool for parents), and many other wonderful things! But, the one that Lisa has looked forward to since Mark started it on his 18th birthday was SKY DIVING! Yep! She rounded up some of her awesome guy friends and went today! We had tried to go last Saturday but when we got there, the winds were so bad they halted all tandem jumps, so we tried again today.





CAUTION!!!! If you are afraid of heights (like me), are afraid of falling (like me), are afraid of your children falling from planes (like me), you may want to skip over these next few pictures.....

She loved it so much and said if she had more money to go again, she would have right then! Good job, Lisa! And Happy Birthday!

I know, I know, I know.......you are all thinking that I will do ANYTHING for a picture but you can rest assured that the only ones I took were from the ground! Maybe next time.

18 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow she is gorgeous! DId you take her pictures? They look awesome!

Stephanie said...

YA MAMA! I found your blog once because I clicked on your name by a comment you left on my blog or something. I was going to teach you how to blog next week when I'm home! I guess I don't need to now! WAY TO GO! Lisa looks awesome!

Angie said...

What a fun first post! Lisa looks HOT! and I'm with you about the sky diving thing. What possesses people to think it "fun" to jump out of an airplane, thousands of feet off the ground is beyond me! Thanks for sharing your blog. Looking forward to updates!

tidwell said...

I love it! I hope you know that Brittney is now telling me that she wants to sky dive when she turns 18! oh my! She is the adventerous one- So please don't give her any other BIG SCARRY IDEAS (at least scarry for mom)

Jensens said...

Wow! Great picture, Lisa! Yeah for blogging, Sandie! I used to want to go sky diving...until the point I realized I wasn't invincible anymore. I am pretty sure I was indestructable in high school. What happened?

mpal said...

Welcome to world of blogging! Your blog is awesome! Lisa is such a beauty! It's a good thing she sky dived now - whent she gets older and has children of her own she'll be afraid of heights too! Laura tells me Brittney is trying to talk her into joining her. As long as I don't have to watch or know about it after the fact I'd be okay!

Barbara said...

Sandie...GOD JOB! I love your background. Lisa is gorgeous and what an adorable dog! I will try not to covet Lilly. Welcome to the blogging world. It really is fun. Check mine out at sbjjjj.blogspot.com. Your family is great and you have done a wonderful job raising your children. I hope mine turn out as well as yours have!

Blauers said...

GO LISA! That is something I could never do. That's awesome! And your picture with your new dog is so cute:)

Kalia said...

Lisa, You are Beautiful! It sounds like you had a blast sky diving! Sandie, you did a really great job on your blog--It's so cute and fun to read! I'll keep checking for updates!

Barbara said...

Sandie,
I mean "GOOD JOB" I can spell but only sometimes!

Turners said...

Hey,AWESOME! I'm so glad you shared. Thanks for blogging for those of us who miss you terribly every day. I love the connections blogging affords us. Thanks, Linda

Tammy said...

AWesome Lisa!! wish i wasn't afraid of heights. The picture of Lisa and the puppy is the cutest ever!! congrats on the puppy, and being 18. Great blog ,Sandie, you'll love it.

Lean Into The Good Stuff said...

Awesome blogging, Sandie!!! You're a rockstar!
I need to update mine, but seriously, my life the last few weeks has been so BUSY and overwhelming, I'm surprised I don't have MORE gray hair by now.
Happy Birthday, Lisa! Beautiful picture, and way cute dog!
I wish we had a dog instead of *#&$@( cats. (did I say that??)
love ya!

Lisa @ Pulsipher Page said...

Hey Sandi. Love the pictures of Lisa.(she has a great name by the way) A dog and skydiving for your 18th birthday what could be better.

Valerie said...

When I first saw the pictures I thought, "Sandie jumped out of a plane to take pictures??? Is she nuts???" And then I saw the disclaimer at the bottom! Sky diving: scary. Lisa: gorgeous. Puppy: cute.

Susan said...

Wow, Lisa is gorgeous and 18!! Deadly combination Sandie and Del. I love Lisa, she always has a smile! Happy Birthday, keep the exciting and adventerous spirit alive for a long time!

Brett and Becki said...

Oh how I miss you guys! She is so beautfiful, and I cant belive she is 18. Tell her congrats and that I miss her and Chloe misses her. At lest Chloe gets to be loved and cuddled as much here in the new ward since I got called to youngwomens here.

Kari Roberts Staker said...

You are leaving Lisa to me in your will, right? Those are beautiful pictures of her. Miss you - don't see you much. :(