Mark's "pick" was to FRY the turkey this year. He had tried it on his mission and loved it and so we borrowed a fryer from a friend and him and Del rigged it up and did it. It did turn out really moist and very yummy. They were pretty proud of the whole thing!

We also had ham since that is everyone's favorite over turkey and Mark found a very yummy glaze recipe that was amazing! Lisa helped me make rolls, 80 in all, while Del peeled and cooked the potatoes. We were such a team! It was awesome! We not only enjoyed great food, we enjoyed each other and being together and working together and remembering all the wonderful things we are blessed with.
We have a tradition of doing puzzles on holidays and we usually do at least a couple of 1000 piece ones on Thanksgiving but, for some reason, we only go this one done:
it's PROBABLY because Stephanie was sleeping on the job ;)........On Friday, Mark worked the "BLACK FRIDAY" shift at Best Buy from 4 a.m. to 4 p.m. and came home very tired, of course....
Del went on a Friday - Saturday trip and so since the boys were working, us girls went to see Twilight and loved it. While Lisa went with friends, Steph and I did some shopping, assembled Christmas countdowns, took fun pictures using the timer and ran to get into place and laughing so hard that most of them didn't turn out but managed to get a few that did........
and decorated some of the tree while Steph and Mark reminisced about making all their elementary ornaments and decorations......
It was great and we even made it to bed before midnight! HooYah! I love my family and I am so grateful for them! I love Thanksgiving because it gives us a chance to stop and really realize how very blessed we are and how much our Heavenly Father loves us and knows what we need to lead happy, peaceful, joyous lives even if we are having trials and hardships! It is all about having a positive attitude and focusing on our blessings and what is important! Recognizing the "tender mercies" and most of all remembering to LAUGH! Laugh at yourself, laugh at mistakes, laugh at silly kids and silly moments! I asked Mark once, "How do you laugh so hard at EVERYTHING?" He said, "It takes practice! You laugh out loud....very loudly....at things that are just a little funny to you and soon you automatically laugh out loud at everything. You should try it, it is fun!" I thought, "You are right, Life is too short....Life is too GREAT, and laughing could only make it better!

5 comments:
Sounds like a fabulous holiday weekend! I loved the Bosch story, I thought those things only happened to me! And, you're right we should all remember to laugh more!
So that's what life is like when kids are older...hummmm
So glad you all had a great time!
Haha! That was great! You left out the dog poo part of taking pictures, but I guess this entry was long enough without one more story. You did a great job! I love you!
Your family is so cute. I love that you laugh :)
Sounds like all of you had a great thanksgiving! Very fun!
Post a Comment