24 boxes of cereal (reg. $4.49-4.99 paid $1 ea.)
8 boxes of instant oatmeal (reg $4.49 paid 83 cents ea.)
21 boxes of kleenex (reg. $2.79 paid 42 cents ea.)
4 boxes of popcorn (reg. $3.19 paid $1 ea.)
2 bottles of mustard (reg. $1.50 paid $0...free)
1 package of cream cheese (reg. $2.89 paid $1 ea.)

Yeah, cool, huh? The whole deal was that you mix and match 10 items and get $5 off with a limit of 3 in a transaction. So, if you mix the sale with coupons it works really awesome. I ended up going through three times tonight and Lisa went through for me once last night. We have a lifetime of Kleenex and almost that in cereal but, hey, gotta love a bargain!

12 comments:
I love a good bargain. Good job.
Okay Sandie I seriously need you to show me how to do this. I've never been a coupon queen, but I think my time has come. Since my kids are at that teenage stage where its just "quanity" that they want my bill has been out of sight. Let me in on your secret.
I get six newspapers on Sundays and it is only a matter of collating and stapling the ones you will use and matching them up to the sale items. Whenever a coupon comes out, a sale is not far behind. Watch the sales and match up the coupons. A grocery store will usually only take 3 or 4 of one coupon, that is why you have to go through twice. It is easy and doesn't take me more then a half hour a week to go through my coupons and file them in a rubbermaid shoebox in envelopes that are catagorized. Take the box to the store with you and that's it. I only stick with the things I know my family will eat. The key is that the sale is more important then using your coupon. The coupon is just a bonus.
I like your couponing method way better than the one I used to have - it took a lot of time, but I did save a ton. I like your more casual approach, it will keep things doable.
Okay this Sunday I'll be buying 6 newspapers wow!
YEA!!! THAT'S MY MOM!!!!!
If you call the newspaper and subscribe and tell them you want the Coupon Sense "deal" you can get the Sunday newspapers for like fifty cents each. The catch is you don't get a Monday paper but they are usually lame anyway. I think I get a three month subscription at a time and it pays for it's self in no time.
Sandie you are my idol.
Sandie, I love you. Only you could figure out a bargain like this. Wow! You look great, are you feeling great? Your family is so adorable, I miss my sunday afternoons at your house. I haven't been feel the love for california yet, I am still counting the days, 120, that's how long I have been here. One day it will feel like home. . .or maybe I'll move back to Arizona.
Sandie-I've read all of this, and your reply's. I think you should do a mid-week lesson on this or something. I'm a little slow :) I think it's awesome that you save so much.
I need you to bring your coupon box and expertise, and do an enrichment or something for my ward... you ROCK - seriously, YOU ROCK!!!!!
Sandie- I knew I liked you...this is Casey and I get so excited about bargains and using my coupons. Tiffany thinks I go a little overboard, but there have been times that I have asked her for a small frame so I can frame my receipts when I get an awesome deal. I'm slowly convincing her....
Post a Comment