I took the above tulip picture two years ago in New York. We were walking in a crosswalk and at the end of the median was a patch of beautiful yellow tulips. It had just stopped raining so they were covered with little rain drops.

I think overall, New York is not that pretty of a place but every once in a while you come across some beautiful gardens or flowering bushes and trees. Of course being April, everything was in bloom so it made things a lot more beautiful then usual. I have been there at different times of year, so I did appreciate and enjoy it very much.
As I was so admiring the yellow tulips and getting my camera ready to take a few pictures, I noticed the one lone pink tulip in the center of all the yellow ones. I was taken back because I did not expect it. My initial thought was that it was a mistake, that maybe the gardener had accidentally planted the wrong color even though it happened to be in the dead center...who knows. All I do know is that it looked stunning, so beautiful! Even more beautiful then the yellow ones. I took a bunch of pictures and they ended up being my favorite pictures of the whole trip. I love what it represents. It was just there being unique, being different, standing out, not fitting in...maybe a mistake or an accident.
Whenever I see it, its a reminder to me that being different is OK...even beautiful. In our own little family, we are all different. Some of us are more similar to one than another, but we are all very different in our own way. As a family, we are even different then some of the families in our extended families. As a family and individually, we are different for a reason. We all have different ways of doing things, talents, abilities, ways of thinking, opinions, quirkiness, etc. etc. but it is all for a reason! It is not a mistake or accident.
We may be different...but it's OK....even beautiful!

7 comments:
Love the new look and love that picture. I never would of guessed it was from New York.
I thought the picture of the pink tulip was a downloaded picture, not one that you actually saw and took. It really is beautiful. I think some people have an eye for beautiful things like that and I'm glad you took a picture of it. Love Marks scooter. I have one as you know and I hardley ever fill it. It gets amazing gas mileage. He's gonna love that part of it for sure and it is fun.
Great new look and your picture is way cool! I need photo shop lessons!
I love tulips they are one of my favorite flowers. I thought that you photo shopped the pink one. That is so cool that it was just there. Also love the new blog look. It's fun to be creative.
Nice look on your blog!!! Like your other commenters/followers, I too, thought it was photoshopped. :)
I totally need photoshop lessons... when you have an extra week or so just let me know! :)
You really do have a good eye for things like pictures, people, perspective... I love you.
Thanks for being such an awesome sister!! Heidi
Love the look of the blog. It was great seeing and talking to you the other day!
I finally found your blog! I am going to add you to my list of friends so I can follow it more closely! I love your blog---it's awesome, especially this post! I'm so glad that we are all different!
I got a hug from your beautiful daughter last night! I looked for you at the seminary graduation but didn't find you! I can't believe our daughters are graduating! So exciting!
Lisa told me she wants to do dental hygene, so does Laurisa. They need to get together since they will both be staying here. Love ya girl! My blog is whitinghappenings.blogspot.com
Post a Comment