I have come to realize that life always has unexpected turns! If you were to have told me on July 16th, as I was packing for the weekend to attend my family reunion in Burley, Idaho, that I would really be needing to prepare for a month away, I would have had to say "NO WAY"! "I have a full time job at home that people cannot survive without me if I am not there, a couple of church callings, Mark coming home in a week and I need to clear out his room so he has a place to stay, Lisa and Del to take care of, etc. etc. etc., there is no way I can be gone!!!" You don't expect that it could be so easily trumped when, all of a sudden, something happens and you realize none of that can matter when you have a daughter who needs you! Needs you to help her with EVERYTHING, including graduating in four weeks from BYU. The whole understanding happened so unbelievably fast! After I got the call that Stephanie was in an accident, the next four weeks flashed before me in a matter of seconds, realizing what her being hurt really meant. Her life, as well as mine, had just taken a full turn. Either she would be coming home, leaving her dream of graduating behind her for who knows how long, or, if she was capable of continuing school, my direction would be changing so I could help her realize her dream. When I look back on it, how often do we have to, in a matter of seconds or minutes, change our course so dramatically? Living in the moment has a whole new meaning for me now and, more then ever, realizing what our true divine purpose and priorities are here on earth. I have to believe that, in a heart beat and given the circumstances, any mother would do what it takes to be there for her children and help them through their pain and trials. Not that the test has been easy, but I am grateful for the opportunity I have had to serve Stephanie and see what a truly amazing and valiant person she is and an incredible example of realizing goals and dreams, no matter what it takes!

5 comments:
I can't imagine what your whole family has been going through! We are so glad that things are working out for her! You are such an awesome example to the rest of us.
The Randalls
Sandie you are beautiful and an awesome mom.
You're moving boulders, Sandie. ;0)
Beautiful post!
Very inspiring! I couldn't have said it better myself. My life has taken an unexpected turn with my daughter also. WE have grown and learned in ways that we never could have if we hadn't gone through our trial! It is so hard when it happens to your children though!
Beautifully put and you are an amazing mother. What we do for our children. Thanks for sharing! I miss seeing you! WE should get together for lunch sometime!
Post a Comment